office phone

(407) 630-8485

Paternity Lawyer – Establishing Parental Rights and Support

Paternity Lawyer Helping You Establish Parental Rights

Mothers and fathers have different reasons for hiring a paternity lawyer. A mother might need want to secure her right to receive financial support for her child. A father may need to have a court assist him with establishing a parenting plan and timesharing with his child. Whatever your goals, a paternity lawyer with Christopher M. Sprysenski, P.A. is ready to provide you with caring representation.
Florida law provides many ways that paternity can be established. A paternity lawyer should help you understand which path to establishing paternity is right for you.

Who May File a Paternity Action

The following people may hire a paternity lawyer to file proceedings in court to determine the paternity of a child if it has not been established by law:

  • Any woman who is pregnant or has a child;
  • Any man who has reason to believe that he is the father of a child; or
  • Any child

For children born in a marriage where the father of the child is not the husband, if the father attempts to file a paternity action and the husband and wife object, the father will not be able to continue to establish parental rights. This prevents the father from seeking the court to issue an order requiring that the child be provided to the father, an order establishing custody rights for the father, or any other order establishing the father’s parental rights.

Paternity Established Through Other Proceedings

For children born out of wedlock, Florida Statutes Chapter 742 provides multiple options for the establishment of paternity outside of a paternity action. These include:

  • Hearings related to inheritance and dependency under workers’ compensation programs;
  • The Father and mother filing an affidavit stipulating paternity that is filed with the clerk of courts;
  • The execution of a voluntary acknowledgment of paternity with different witness or notarization requirements; or
  • The Department of Revenue adjudicates paternity.

Responsibility for Children Until Paternity Established

Until a court enters an order stating otherwise, care and custody of a child born out of a marriage is held by the mother. This means that until a paternity order is entered by a court, a mother can do things such as leave the state of Florida, and will not be ordered to return until the paternity order is entered. For a father to also be allowed to make decisions on behalf of his child, the father should work with a paternity lawyer to have a court establish a paternity order.

Exploring Your Options with a Paternity Lawyer

A paternity lawyer with Christopher M. Sprysenski, P.A. is here to assist you file your paternity action. We carefully review the facts of your case to ensure that the best way to establish paternity in your case is followed. Our clients work closely with a paternity lawyer to develop a parenting plan that takes into account the timesharing and parental responsibility that is right for your family.
Allow a paternity lawyer with Christopher M. Sprysenski, P.A. to help you establish your parental rights. Call us today at 407-630-8485. We offer payment plans and accept all major credit cards.